A recent revelation has once again shown that, unfortunately, there is still room for manipulation and deceit in the auto industry. Several car manufacturers, including Renault, Opel, Peugeot, Citroen, Mercedes, Dacia and DS, have been accused of manipulating test results. This manipulation has resulted in their diesel cars appearing to meet strict emission standards. However, the reality is that these vehicles emit much more harmful substances than officially allowed.
This scandal, which evokes memories of the earlier ‘Dieselgate’ with Volkswagen, has far-reaching consequences for owners and leasers of these cars. Not only are their vehicles worth less, they are also harder to sell. As the owner or leaser of such a diesel car, you have in fact paid too much due to the manipulation of the manufacturer.
But there is good news: you are entitled to compensation.
Am I eligible for compensation?
You may be eligible for compensation if you meet the following criteria:
- You have (or had) a diesel car of the brands Renault, Opel, Peugeot, Citroën, Mercedes, Dacia or DS.
- You lease (or have leased) a diesel car of these brands.
- Your diesel car was built between September 2009 and September 2019.
- You apply for compensation.
How do I claim my compensation?
Do you meet the above criteria? Then the next step is to file a claim for damages. For this you can go to emissionclaim.nl.
This website offers a clear and simple procedure to submit your claim. You just need to provide the necessary documents and information about your vehicle. This includes the make and model, the year of manufacture, and proof of purchase or lease.
It is important to emphasize that time is running out. The sooner you file your claim, the more likely you are to receive legal compensation.
In times of uncertainty it is important to know where you stand. Dieselgate has caused a lot of turmoil and disappointment, but claiming your right to compensation can help you regain some control. Take action today and make sure you receive what you are entitled to.
Your Rights in the Spotlight
The manipulation of emissions tests by car manufacturers violates consumer confidence. You, as a car owner or leaser, have the right to be treated fairly and receive what you paid for. It is therefore only fair that you can claim compensation as a result of the actions of these car manufacturers.
The Steps of the Claim Procedure
Once you land on Emissionclaim, you can follow a simple process to submit your claim:
- Collect your information: You will need your vehicle details, including make, model, year of manufacture, and proof of purchase or lease. Please ensure that this information is accurate and current.
- Complete the claim form: Follow the instructions on the website to complete the online claim form. You must provide all required information and answer any additional questions.
- Submit your claim: After you have completed the form, you can submit it. Please make sure you have entered all information correctly before submitting the claim.
The Emission Claim team will then assess your application. If your application is approved, they can negotiate with the car manufacturers on your behalf to get appropriate compensation.
Your Role in the Bigger Picture
By filing a claim, you are not only taking an active role in defending your own rights, but you are also contributing to a greater cause. You help hold automakers accountable for their actions and encourage them to pursue fair and transparent practices. In addition, you contribute to highlighting the importance of real, fair emission standards for the well-being of our planet.
Don’t be a silent spectator in this scandal. Take action today, file your claim and make sure you get what you deserve. Your voice, your action, can make a difference.
Your diesel claims can be a stone in the pond that brings about a wave of change. Let’s work together to promote accountability, transparency and sustainability in the automotive industry.