asparagus risotto with feta
Even more from one pan: rice with vegetables, smoked trout & yogurt
- 1.25 l vegetable stock
- 3 el extra virgin olive oil
- 60 g butter
- 1 onion, in thin rings
- 2 el finely chopped flat-leaf parsley + extra
- 2 el finely chopped dill + extra
- 2 toes garlic, finely chopped
- 400 g arborio or carnaroli rice
- 160 ml White wine
- 1 bunch of green asparagus bottoms off, in 3 cm pieces, briefly blanched
- 125 g double-shelled broad beans
- 125 g fresh peas
- 150 g feta in oil with herbs, drained + extra for it
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 el finely chopped candied lemon zest* + extra for garnish
Bring the broth to a boil in a saucepan. Turn the heat down to low and keep the stock simmering.
Heat the oil and butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium to high heat. Fry the onion, herbs and garlic, stirring occasionally, for 4-6 minutes. Add the rice and stir the grains through the mixture for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the wine and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring, until three-quarters has been absorbed by the rice.
Add a large scoop (± 250 ml) of stock at a time and stir the risotto until the stock has been absorbed. Only then add the next scoop. Continue for 20-25 minutes until all the stock has been added and the rice is al dente. Stir the asparagus, broad beans, peas, feta, lemon zest, juice and preserved lemon into the risotto. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the risotto onto plates and garnish with some more feta, herbs and candied lemon.
This article Casserole: Asparagus Risotto with Feta appeared first on delicious.magazine.