The Forerunner 745 is seen as the successor to the hugely popular FR735XT. It’s top quality triathlon watch. Launched in 2020, the Garmin Forerunner 745 is a multisport watch that is bursting with features exercisers will appreciate. With a battery life of up to 16 hours in GPS mode, this watch is perfect for endurance athletes and triathletes. Whether you’re playing music or have your GPS on, the Forerunner 745 will keep it going. But this watch is more than just a durable companion. It offers a range of features, including heart rate monitoring (even underwater), breathing rate, advanced sleep measurement and monitoring, and much more. In addition, the watch is regularly on sale for less than the suggested retail price of € 419.99. In this review we take a closer look at the features and performance of the Garmin Forerunner 745.
About the Garmin Forerunner 745
The Garmin Forerunner 745 is a multisport watch that was first available in stores in the Netherlands and Belgium at the end of 2020. The watch is packed with useful functions for athletes. The battery life in GPS mode is up to 16 hours. If you play music and you have GPS on, you can get up to 6 hours of battery life from the Forerunner 745 watch. An entire triathlon is therefore quite possible in GPS mode. You can find a full list of specifications here. Below you can read more information about the watch, compare the best prices at the moment and read which functions are interesting for triathletes.
On sale? Compare prices
The watch was launched in 2020 and is regularly available for sale at various online stores below the suggested retail price of €419.99. Below you can see an overview of the best prices, which are collected daily from the webshops.
Features of interest to triathletes
For triathletes, the functions below are particularly interesting. These are far from all the functions of the Forerunner 745 triathlon watch. We have chosen to list and highlight only the really interesting features. You can immediately see all specifications via the view buttons above.
- Battery life up to 16 hours in GPS mode
- Measure heart rate, also under water
- Respiratory rate
- Body Battery energy engine function
- Advanced sleep measurement and sleep monitoring
- GPS, Glonass & Galileo for positioning
- Music storage and playback via wireless earbuds that pair with the Forerunner 745
- Live track
- Share Live Event if you do this in combination with an Android phone (costs extra battery)
- Calculates calories burned
- Tracks all kinds of gym workouts
- Heart rate zones and heaps of other heart rate data
- Car lap
- Calculate VO2 Max (running)
- Training status and training load (popular features among triathletes / endurance athletes)
- Finish time calculation
- Link with apps such as Strava, Runkeeper and TrainingPeaks
- All the swimming, cycling and running functions you could wish for
Watch in a video
➕ Best choice in 2022 on behalf of our editors
➕ Built-in music storage up to 500 songs
➕ All the features you need as a triathlete
➕ Friendly priced compared to the older FR945, Fenix 6 and Fenix 7
Conclusion FR745 review
The Garmin Forerunner 745 is a top watch for triathletes. It has a battery that lasts for an entire triathlon, measures your heart rate even when you’re swimming, and has a host of other useful features.
You can put music on it to listen to during your workouts and it works with apps like Strava and Runkeeper. The only downside is that it is quite pricey. But if you have the money, it’s definitely worth it. It’s a super watch that helps you get the most out of your workouts.