Dark circles under the eyes are usually a symptom that something is wrong with your lifestyle. They could be due to your diet, a lack of sleep or a skin problem.
Bags under the eyes, such as dark circles, are really very unsightly and leave make us look much more tired than we do in fact are. They can be hard to cover up and make us look like we’re not taking care of our appearance.
There are many different reasons why dark circles under the eyes can appear. Dark circles can be the product of a sleepless night, which is not the same as cases due to genetics, allergies, or fluid retention. Learn how to hide dark circles and puffiness naturally, without resorting to surgery.
Recommendations to say goodbye to dark circles under your eyes
- First of all, you should eat a balanced diet that is low in sodium and consume plenty of water.
- Sleep on your back so that water does not accumulate in the eye area, causing puffiness. To avoid dark circles you sleep for at least 8 hours straight.
- Put two spoons in the freezer and let them sit overnight. When you wake up, lie on your back and put the spoons under your eyes. Let them sit for five minutes until they are no longer cold. The swelling will decrease because the low temperature constricts the blood vessels and reduces the swelling.
- Soak a cloth in a cup of cold green tea and place it on the eyes and let it sit for 20 minutes. This is ideal for when we come back from work. The tea will promoting circulation to the area and reducing puffiness.
- When you wake up, spray water into your eyes. Then put a raw potato or a slice of cucumber in each. Let it sit for 10 minutes and it will reduce the appearance of dark circles. It is recommended to repeat this three times a week.
- Tap your ring finger under your eyes, from the inside out (from the inside out), 10 times per eye, once a day. This helps loosen fluid retention and stimulates blood circulation.
- Take two raw egg whites and place them under the eyes and let them dry. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. The vitamin B in the egg will improve circulation.
We think you might also enjoy reading this article:
5 makeup tips to disguise bags under the eyes
Effective treatments for dark circles
Dark circles are a classic symptom of an unhealthy lifestyle. It could be because your diet is bad or you have insomnia problems or because you have a skin problem. To prevent dark circles under the eyes, you have to consider the following recommendations:
- Get enough sleep: let your body recover and your skin and mind too.
- Drink lots of water: this makes your skin softer and smoother and you also get hydrated and flush out toxins.
- Eat healthy: diet is closely related to skin problems. To make it look radiant and not suffer from dark circles under the eyes, you need to consume more vitamins and minerals. This will make your face look radiant.
- Use natural brighteners to get rid of pigmentation. You can take advantage of potato or cucumber slices, which offer you more immediate benefits.
- Use tea bags: You can use any kind, but regular ones are fine. Prepare the decoction as usual, let it steep and cool. Wet a cloth and apply it under your eyes. You can also place the cold tea bag directly on the eyes. This will reduce swelling.
- Make a paste of honey with a tablespoon of powdered milk and apply to the area, let it sit for 15 minutes and rinse with warm water.
Do you like this article? You might also like to read this article:
Ten foolproof tips to prevent puffiness and dark circles
Makeup tricks to cover dark circles
While you wait for home remedies and good habits to show their results for dark circles and puffiness, you can take advantage of makeup tricks to hide these two common problems of the face.
A good foundation can do wonders for your skin; do not forget this. Find in stores you many brands of products for dark circles; however, they are not always suitable for your skin or make you look like you are wearing a mask.
This makeup covers a lot, but the problem lies with those who have a very light complexion, because there is almost never a matching shade. If you are not a professional in the art of makeup, you may suffer from the so-called “panda bear effect.” This happens when we have a lighter or darker shade around the eyes.
To avoid this and at the same time hide the unsightly dark circles, once your face is clean, apply apply your usual foundation by dabbing gently with your fingers, so that you cover the dark circles so that they are not visible. Let it sit for a few minutes and proceed to apply makeup.
This is to prevent the top layer from smearing with the foundation. Apply makeup all over the face, except in the dark circles area under the eyes. In this area you need to apply a softer layer with the brush.
This way you get an equally opaque coverage as the foundation under the eyes and you get the same shade, thus preventing stains in that area. There are lighter mineral powders or powders with shimmer, to add light accents or even to even out the face.
If you notice that you have a lighter shade where the dark circles are, you can compensate with a little blush on the cheeks. To avoid drawing attention where you don’t want it, you can also paint your lips with a bright color, such as red. Perhaps also interesting for you