This bulgur salad with chickpeas, feta and pistachio is not only bursting with flavor, but also with texture and freshness. Moreover, it can be used for many occasions: as lunch, as a side dish at the (vegan) barbecue or as a take-away lunch that you can prepare well in advance. A recipe to remember.
This makes this bulgur salad perfect if you want to alternate with bread or your familiar couscous salad. And moreover: a complete meal that contains enough healthy fats, proteins and vitamins to keep you feeling full for a long time.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 200 grams of bulgur or quinoa
- 400 ml broth
- 60 ml lemon juice
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cucumber, in small cubes
- 1 large can of chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- Bunch of fresh mint, finely chopped
- Bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- Bunch of dill, finely chopped
- Handful of pistachios, shelled and finely chopped
- 150 grams feta, crumbled
5x the best destinations for a vegan city trip
This is how you make the bulgur salad
Boil the bulgur in the broth (check the packaging for the required cooking time).
Make the dressing by mixing lemon juice and olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside
Now put the bulgur with the rest of the ingredients (except the dressing) in a bowl and stir well. Spoon the dressing over the bulgur salad and stir again.
Caro (37): “Food tracking ruined my relationship with food”
Did you see a mistake? Mail us. We are grateful.